The Boston New Works Festival is accepting submissions for BNWF2024!
Moonbox Productions pivoted from normal operations in 2020 during the COVID shutdown to create the Boston New Works Festival . This festival has been an outstanding success– bringing LOCAL artists together to celebrate LOCAL playwrights and LOCAL performers each June at the Boston Center for the Arts and the Calderwood Pavilion. A request for proposals went out in the fall of 2020 and a diverse panel of judges choose eleven submissions that will be workshopped over the coming year. We continue this work now entering our THIRD FESTIVAL YEAR!
- Festival Submissions 3rd Annual Boston New Works Festival
- Meet the Playwrights – 2nd Annual Boston New Works FestivalMoonbox Productions has selected seven original plays by local playwrights for its 2nd Annual Boston New Works Festival. Moonbox will host the 2023 Boston New Works Festival June 22nd – 25th at the Boston Center for the Arts.
- THE FIRST EVER BOSTON NEW WORKS FESTIVAL!!! #NWF #BNWF #CreateCommunity
- Announcing the Boston New Works FinalistsMoonbox is thrilled to present the finalists of the first-ever Boston New Works Project. Over the course of the 2021-2022 season, these 11 original plays and musicals will be workshopped, polished, and set to debut at the Boston New Works Fringe Festival- a week-long celebration of Boston’s opportunity to #CreateCommunity, together.
- New Works PanelThe Boston New Works Project is no longer accepting submissions. Sharman Altshuler founded Moonbox Productions in the spring of 2011. After 15 years of practicing veterinary medicine, Sharman teamed up on a whim with friend and colleague Allison Choat to put on a production of Godspell. It ran for a weekend in April of 2011 at…
- Boston New Works Submission GuidelinesThe Boston New Works Project is no longer accepting submissions. Please Read CAREFULLY Write up a ONE PAGE descriptive written proposal of a new work you would like to create. Acceptable projects include: traditional live theater (straight play or musical; full length, one-act or 10 minute), short-subject films (under 20 minutes in length), We are…
- The Boston New Works ProjectThe Boston New Works Project is no longer accepting submissions. Moonbox is now officially welcoming proposals from Massachusetts residents for new live performance projects! Do you have an idea for a theatrical piece that you would like to develop? This is your chance to pitch your idea and make it happen! Projects proposed in this…