The project’s two performance spaces, opening in 2023, will provide much-needed creative facilities for local performing artists and non-profit arts...
Moonbox Productions produces exceptional theatrical experiences that enlighten, empower, and challenge Greater Boston audiences to re-imagine how art creates community. We create inclusive programming that makes all audiences, staff, and community partners feel welcome and celebrated. #CreateCommunity
We believe it is our shared responsibility to make positive change in all of the lives that we touch.
We believe in creating spaces that reflect the diversity of our shared community, both on and off the stage, where under-represented voices, including BIPOC, LGBTQIA2S+, and people living with disabilities feel valued and important.
We believe that accessibility is a human right. We are devoted to providing performances that can be experienced and enjoyed universally, and to incorporating accessibility planning into our production, design, staffing, and budgeting processes from day one.
Moonbox commits to
- Provide a safe, collaborative and respectful workplace
- Implement anti-racist theatre practices
- Promote individuals and organizations that work on behalf of our community through our Non-Profit Partnerships
- Support emerging artists and theatre professionals through our Mentorship Program
- Provide ASL interpretation and audio description for all productions, and regularly offer open and closed captioning.
- We are actively expanding our programming to include tactile integration tours and sensory-friendly performances
- Seek new and innovative ways to engage and give back to our community
- Engage with the broader community of people living with disabilities and other under-represented groups to enrich our networks and make our productions enjoyable for all. We recognize that guidance by and consultation from members and experts of these communities is invaluable in acquiescing knowledge.
Natalie Hardy - Cambridge Chronicle
Alex Stevens - The Patriot Ledger
When Cambridge resident Sharman Altshuler launched Moonbox Productions, she wasn’t motivated by market analysis. She was inspired by something much more joyous.
Nancy Grossman – Broadway World
There are a number of Moonbox musicals that stand out in my memory, among them Floyd Collins and Cabaret.
Christopher Ehlers – Dig Boston
Moonbox Productions continues its impressive run of presenting complicated, adult musicals with more polish, professionalism, and nuance than most other companies in the Boston area, even those with more cash and more clout.
Terry Byrne - The Boston Globe
Kilian Melloy – Edge Boston
Moonbox Productions — a small theater company that specializes in putting on, and pulling off, ambitious projects.
News and Updates
Announcing Our 2022-2023 Season
Adam Richins for Sister School images— @adamrichinsphoto, www.adamrichins.com Moonbox’s twelfth season to kick-off in September. BOSTON, MA – Moonbox Productions,...
Moonbox partners with Trans Resistance MA for ‘Rocky Horror’
By Boston Spirit -OCTOBER 12, 2021 Moonbox Productions is partnering with Trans Resistance MA for its current production of that gender-bending, fabulous...
An Interview with Elmer Martinez
Welcome Elmer Martinez!Collaborative Arts Coordinator, Moonbox Productions We at Moonbox are SUPER excited about the newest member of our staff,...
Former Shadowboxer Elmer Martinez curates local arts exhibit
Soul Stew: An Installation at the Nook – Now thru August 21st For Details and Ticketing Information: https://gofund.me/db499ae0 SOMERVILLE, MA...
The House of Ramon IglesiaApril 14 - May 1
2nd Annual Boston New Works FestivalJune 22 - June 26
Become a Moonbox Insider!
- Exclusive sneak-peeks
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Early-bird ticketing discounts
- General Moonbox revelry
- And much more…!