The Boston New Works Project is no longer accepting submissions.
Please Read CAREFULLY
- Write up a ONE PAGE descriptive written proposal of a new work you would like to create.
Acceptable projects include:
- traditional live theater (straight play or musical; full length, one-act or 10 minute),
- short-subject films (under 20 minutes in length),
We are also open to considering projects that may not fit any of the above categories, as long as they can be reasonably and safely performed in our venue.
– Works that have already been created, or that are in process, are acceptable, but they must be works that have not been shown publicly at any time in the past. (This does not include workshopping)
· Project Proposals must be NO MORE THAN ONE PAGE LONG – normal margins, 12pt font.
– If you already have some dialogue written or storyboarding done, you may submit UP TO 2 pages of additional material – this is OPTIONAL, and must not exceed 2 one-sided pages. Any material beyond these 2 pages will NOT be reviewed for this round.
· Submission MUST INCLUDE:
- Your name, preferred phone number, and email. – This information will not be visible to the panel reviewing your Round 1 submission.
2. A statement of originality:
“I __(name)__ verify that all materials I am submitting in this document on __(date)___ to the Boston New Works Project is of my own creation, and is entirely original work.“
· Email your Project Proposal to NEWWORKS2020@MOONBOX.ORG
· Submissions are being accepted now through August 31, 2020.
· Once your submission has been received, you will receive a confirmation email
– Your confirmation email will come from NEWWORKS2020@MOONBOX.ORG – so check your spam. If you don’t hear back within 48hours, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
· A subset of Round 1 submissions will be selected to continue to Round 2.
– Results of this first cut will be announced via email to all submitters on or around Monday, September 21st.